Your local driving school
Qualified, DVSA ADIHatfield, St Albans, Watford
Your Local Driving School
Manual & Automatic LessonsStevenage, Letchworth, Hitchin
Driving Lesson Terms & Conditions
By submitting your driving lesson enquiry and booking through the F1Pass Driving School website or over the phone, you are agreeing that you understand and accept the Terms and Conditions related to the provision of driving lessons with your F1Pass Driving School and Driving Instructor.
1. Pupils must be aged 17 years or older to be able to take driving lessons in accordance with UK law.
2. Pupils must certify that they hold a valid provisional driving licence to F1Pass Driving School’s tuition vehicles. Pupils must inform their Instructor immediately if they receive any endorsements on their driving licence during the period they are receiving tuition.
3. Pupils must provide their Instructors with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to cancel a driving lesson. Should the Pupil fail to give the Instructor adequate notice, then the Pupil is liable to pay the full driving lesson fee.
4. F1Pass Driving School reserve the right to change the hourly lesson rate at any time for new driving lesson bookings. Instructors should ensure that they provide reasonable prior notification to Pupils.
5. Pupils and the Instructors must pre-agree the duration of any driving lesson(s). If for any reason outside the Instructor’s control it is not possible to deliver the full duration of a driving lesson, any remaining time will be added to a later driving lesson. It is the responsibility of the Pupil to ensure that this is logged within the pupil handbook or through another written medium.
6. Instructors reserve the right to rearrange lessons at short notice in the event of mechanical breakdown or other difficulty outside their control.
7. Pupils must pass the DVSA eyesight check before starting their driving lessons. Instructors are required to cancel driving lessons should Pupils fail this assessment.
8. Instructors are at liberty to refuse to proceed with a driving lesson if he or she has reason to believe that a Pupil is in any way under the influence of drink or drugs.
9. Instructors will endeavour to teach their Pupils the correct driving skills according to the recommended syllabus issued by the DVSA within the minimum number of driving lessons required.
10. Pupils should be aware that their Instructor’s primary objective is to promote road safety and in doing so, they may be required to take control of the vehicle. Instructors will make every effort to instruct Pupils to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors that Pupils may make whilst driving unaccompanied by their Instructor, either before or after passing their driving test.
11. The Instructor will accept no liability for accidents, injury or damage to any Third Party caused by the Pupil’s recklessness or negligence during a lesson.
12. Driving tests may only be arranged with the prior agreement of both the Instructor and the Pupil.
13. Instructors reserve the full right to withhold the use of their tuition vehicle for a driving test.
14. Pupils must make a payment to F1Pass Driving School Instructor directly for use of their tuition vehicle and time spent travelling to and from the test centre for a driving test. Payment for sitting a practical driving test is paid directly to the DVSA, however this does not include the use of a tuition vehicle.
15. Any complaints are to be dealt with in accordance with the ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) Code of Practice.
16. If the Pupil consents, the Instructor may take photographs / videos of the Pupil after their Driving Test and request a Customer Review. The Pupil will receive the review request via SMS or email sent by either the Instructor, F1Pass Driving School, or Third-Party Review companies such as TrustPilot.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
18. Instructors may set their own additional driving lesson terms and conditions for their Pupils, beyond those stated here. These will only be valid should the pupil physically sign an agreement to them.
19. F1Pass Driving School reserves the right to change and amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.